3 Aug 2009

Minas Tirith 8b/+

Minas Tirith is a route at Niederthai that I have always wanted to do as in my opinion it follows one of the best lines at Niederthai. It winds its way up an incredible boulder towering above the green forest below. The route has always been slightly intimidating because it's quite long and involves an aggressive crux sequence on bad footholds. Sabby was psyched to give it a go, so I decided to go for it. I felt pretty bad warming-up, every muscle in my upper body was aching after the Austrian Championships held on Friday and Saturday. I climbed the route unexpectadly on my 3rd go just before a wild thunderstorm hit Niederthai. The weather has turned bad now, which is not a bad thing as it gives a good excuse to stay indoors and train for the up and coming boulder comp in Zwettl. Thanks to Lukas Ennemoser for the great photos of Minas Tirith.