10 Aug 2009

zwettler-master

The 2nd part of the Austrian Bouldering Cup was held in Zwettl. The comp was really well organised and we had some great blocs to climb in both the qualificaion and final round. The final started in the evening and with Cody playing some good music and commentating, the atmosphere was fantastic. The battle between luki and myself commenced at the final bloc. We both flashed the first two blocs and climbed the tricky 3rd bloc on our 2nd attempt. I'd won the quali, so if we both flashed the 4th I would win on count-back, the pressure was on. Luki was out first and flashed the complicated bloc and the crowd went wild. I had some water, looked at the stars, chalked-up and walked across the stage to the final bloc. I pulled on and the initial hard move felt really good and then I wasn't sure what to do next so i just went for the sequence we'd worked out and fell. I realised I'd come 2nd but still wanted to climb the bloc so I got the crowd behind me and climbed it 2nd go...great feeling. Zwettl beer was one of the event's sponsors so Luki and Sabby recieved 2 massive bottles of beer for winning.....very nice.